Laser hair removal is the most effective way to get rid of unsightly body hair, but you need to prepare for the treatment so that your skin comes out smooth and less irritated. The experts at Nads Laser Hair Removal have shared their best tips for preparing for a smooth treatment:
- Use a new razor and plenty of shaving cream to shave the area 24 hours before the appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning, solariums and fake tans before the treatment because your skin needs to be of its natural colour for the best results.
- The hair roots must be present in the follicle for laser treatments to be effective, so avoid waxing or plucking before your appointment.
- Your skin needs to be clean and bare so that the hair removal equipment can work properly, so skip using deodorants, moisturisers or any other skincare products.
- Your therapist will ask about your medical history as well as any medications you are on, so be prepared to give them all the details.
- It often takes about 10 sessions for the hair removal process to be completed, so make sure you stick with it until you get the desired results.