It is important that your lasers are always in perfect working order so that your business does not suffer. From time to time, lasers can experience faults. To ensure this has as little effect as possible on your business we have compiled a list of the top 5 most common issues that may occur when using your Mini GentleLASE and how to overcome them effectively.
1. The system cannot be turned on
This could be due to a number of reasons such as:
- The power is not connected properly. To identify if this is the cause, reset the power cable and check the circuit breaker.
- The laser system circuit breaker is in the “off” position. In this situation, switch the circuit breaker to the “on” position.
- The key lock switch was not fully engaged. Resolve this by turning the key lock switch fully clockwise to the “I” position and releasing.
- The external interlock is defeated. Check the remote interlock connection. If connected to door, make sure the door is closed
2. Laser pulses, no cryogen is delivered
This can happen when the DCD Pre and Post-spray settings are set to zero “0”. Select the DCD Pre or Post-spray and use the “up arrow” to increase the spray setting.
3. Cryogen leak
The majority of the time this issue occurs because of the cryogen valve. To overcome this, remove the cryogen canister or disconnect the handpiece assembly from the laser. We also recommend that you call Laseraid, so we can assist you further.
4. Warm – up time has exceeded 60 minutes
This problem occurs when the water temperature control circuitry has failed. In this situation it is important that you call Laseraid.
5. Ineffective fluence response
An indicator of this is when the system or Fiber has degraded. To resolve this, perform a calibration procedure (details of which can be found in the owners manual). If the problem persists, call Laseraid.
To make laser ownership easier and more affordable, we provide the option to buy rent or hire-purchase any of our lasers. For more information about our prices, visit our pricing page. If you would like more information on our range of Candela machines or would like to speak to a member of our friendly team, please do not hesitate to contact us on (02) 9011 5509.